MAY, represented by Igor Evdokimov, the Head of the Intellectual Property Department of the Legal Management Team, has become a member of the Intellectual Property Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation. The invitation to join the Council was received thanks to the active work within the working group of the Council on Intellectual Property of the CCI of the Russian Federation in 2021.
Beside MAY, the Council includes the Chairman of the Intellectual Property Rights Court, the Deputy Head of Rospatent, representatives of the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, RSAIP and a number of leading companies in their industries such as MTS, Cherkizovo Group, Uralvagonzavod, Philip Morris International, Yandex, RUSNANO, AFK Sistema, etc.
The Council for Intellectual Property of the CCI of the Russian Federation was established in order to form, preserve and develop the intellectual potential of domestic entrepreneurship on the basis of a unified Concept of state policy in the field of intellectual property rights protection and involvement in the economic turnover of the results of intellectual activity.
The main tasks of the Council are:
- participation in the development of the state Strategy for the Development of Intellectual Property in the Russian Federation;
- development of proposals on the protection of intellectual property rights in the Russian Federation, taking into account Russia's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO);
- interaction with legislative and executive authorities in the expert evaluation and preparation of regulatory legal acts;
- information and analytical research in the field of intellectual property development and protection in the Russian Federation, as well as analyzing and summarizing the experience of leading foreign countries;
- development of recommendations for improving the integrated system of intellectual property rights protection within the framework of the Strategy.
Tatiana Baranova, the leader of the Legal Management Team, commented on as follows: "The invitation to the Intellectual Property Council of the CCI of the Russian Federation indicates a high level of trust in our Company and the fruitful work that we have done with the working group in 2021. The work in the Council will allow monitoring and influencing directly on legislative initiatives and the formation of state policy and judicial practice in the field of management and development of intellectual property, taking into account the interests of MAY."